Welcome to the AGMS
Motto: Each one – Teach one
Spinel twinned fluorite on muscovite, Pakistan.
Naturally occurring, inorganic, solid, with an ordered internal structure, and a definite chemical composition.
WELCOME – NEW HOME, NEW LOGO
Welcome to the new interactive Austin Gem and Mineral Society website! While scrolling through you will find changes to the look, feel and navigation of the site.
Among the changes you will notice is our new logo featuring the culmination of all aspects of our beloved gem and mineral interests into a faceted blue topaz. This is not just any topaz…
The AGMS clubhouse is now open on Wednesdays from 6 to 8:30pm weekly and Saturdays (limited to 1 Saturday per month) for lapidary, faceting and slab saw workshop usage.
Club committees can schedule in-person meetings in the auditorium. Meetings held by outside groups at the clubhouse can resume. Log into the Member Dashboard for reservation and contact information.
Upcoming Events & Meetings
July 22, 2021
The July General Meeting will be held in-person at the AGMS Clubhouse with Zoom capability available for those who wish to continue COVID 19 precautions. Nature’s Treasurers will present this month’s program.
4th Thursday each month
COVID19 restrictions have been lifted and we are now able to meet in-person for our monthly meetings. We will continue to offer Zoom video conferencing to members and guests. Members receive email announcements with the meeting link prior to the scheduled meeting.
The general public is invited to visit AGMS General Meetings in person or on ZOOM. To receive an invitation and a meeting link, click here.
AGMS on Facebook
The Austin Gem and Mineral Society welcomes you to join us!
- Connection and networking with other rock hounds, mineral collectors, geological experts, jewelry artists, gem and mineral professionals and experts, gem and mineral vendors, educators, and a plethora of rock related subject matter experts in a wide variety of gem and mineral related topics.
- General club meetings offer speakers and presentations on a wide variety of gem and mineral topics.
- Access to our website membership portal includes access to member blogs, member specific announcements, posts on member boards, SIG meetings/topics and online discussions (Special Interest Groups: Min Sig, Paleo SIG, Silversmithing SIG, Jewelry SIG, Lapidary Sig, Faceting SIG)
- Access to clubhouse resources includes: large meeting room, lapidary/cabbing workshop, faceting workshop, slab shack saws, extensive resource library, and display exhibits of gems and minerals
- Annual events and activities include: Gem Capers (annual gem and mineral show held at the Austin Palmer Event Center), Swap Meet, Club Auction, Holiday Party
- Classes: Cabbing, Faceting, Silversmithing, Slab Saw, other classes are offered as needs and instructors are identified
- Field trips and rock hunts for members only
Advertise with us
AGMS welcomes advertisements to help off-set the cost of our website. Advertisement levels and benefits are currently being discussed by the Board of Directors and will be posted here when finalized.
Federation and Club Resources
Visit these other websites for related information on gems and minerals, activities, learning opportunities, and more.
Federation of Mineral Societies
The Austin Gem and Mineral Society is part of SCFMS (The South Central Federation of Mineral Societies). SCFMS is one of seven different regional federations in the US that are members of the AFMS (American Federation of Mineralogical Societies).
Please note that these links are third party websites that are not maintained by AGMS. AGMS is not responsible for materials found on these sites. Please use caution when visiting an unfamiliar site.