First Saturday Event Information:
First Saturday events are member oriented and held in the clubhouse parking lot from 9 to 1. Here is a sample of the booths we’ll have at each event:
Identify My Rocks Booth – bring your specimens to the event for identification!
Facility Tours – see what resources the club offers
Cabbing and Slabbing Demonstration – Class Instructors on hand to answer questions
Gem Capers Booth – Wheel of Fortune, Gem Capers Show information and volunteer opportunities
Club Member Sales – member booths offering gem/mineral/fossil related items for sale
Club Merchandise Sales – get your AGMS Name Badge and T-Shirt!
Youth Programs – fun and hands-on activities for youth to learn about rocks
Breakfast Tacos donated by Taco Shack – Coffee, water, sodas for refreshment
Lots of opportunities to meet other members, ask questions, get answers, get involved!
More Activities and Possibilities are in the works!
Member are encouraged to invite guests!
Wanna help out? Hope so! — We are looking for help with a variety of needs to support our First Saturday Meet-Up and Network events.
set up/clean up,
club information tables,
other activities as they develop.
Drop us a comment from the website, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Member Booth Sales Information
The Austin Gem and Mineral Society
First Saturday, Member Sales
AGMS is offering Members an opportunity sell their work, materials, equipment, or products. All sale offerings must be gem/mineral/fossil related and be your own work/property. No bulk sales from outside sources. We are offering members one (1) 10 – 10’ X 10’ space at our First Saturday Meet up and Network events from 9 to 1, March through September 2022.
Registration and selection:
- Member Booth Registration form to be emailed to email@example.com (see Registration
- Successful registrants will be notified by email with instructions for paying booth fees through the website provided.
- Booth fee is $50.00 per event, limit one booth per event.
- Members are limited to one booth space per event and must stay within the 10’x10’ space provided.
- Multiple members may share a single booth space, however must stay within the provided 10’x10’ booth space.
- Booths may not be joined together to create a larger space.
- Payment is required at the time of selection and is non-refundable.
- Booth assignments are on a first-come first-served basis the day of the event.
What is provided:
- A space in the AGMS parking lot.
- One (1) 10’ x 10’ popup tent will be provided.
- One (1) 6’ table.
- Two (2) chairs.
- No power will be provided, generators are not allowed.
- Additional 6’ tables available – $10 each.
- Additional chairs available – $5 each.
- Items to sale.
- Display units for your products/items/materials.
- Pricing for items.
- Payment methods (cash, credit, electronic) – Wi-Fi connection not guaranteed. AGMS will not provide any cash or change.
- Sales Tax for your booth sales is your responsibility.
- Method for buyers to transport purchases (bags, etc.).
- Snacks, drinks, etc. to keep your hydrated.
- Gates open at 7:00 a.m.
- Booth Setup: 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. No vehicles allowed in the parking lot.
- Show starts at 9:00 a.m. and continues until 1:00 p.m.
- Street parking only – do not park to the immediate right (south) of AGMS.
- Restrooms inside AGMS clubhouse will be available.
- Sale Booths are not pre-assigned; selection is “first-come-first-serve”
- Sponsor/Partner booths will be preassigned by AGMS.
- Weather-related cancellation decisions will be made starting 24 hours in advance.
- Signs or banners placed on booths must be fully removable and not harm AGMS property.
- Street parking only – use of parking lots to the left or AGMS are ok – do not park in the parking area to the immediate right of AGMS. Do not park in the Empire Store parking area (this business is open for customers on Saturdays.
- Inside Restrooms available.
- Take down begins at 1:00 pm. Emergency exceptions will be made by a committee member. Vendors leaving early will be barred from future events.
- All materials must be removed by 2:00 p.m.
- You must remove all your merchandise and trash from your booth area.
- Tents, tables and chairs should be clean and unharmed.
- You must remove any tape, streamers, or other decorations from your booth area.
Additional Un-tented Spaces
Once all tented spaces are reserved, AGMS may offer un-tented space. Openings and prices will be announced on AGMS website. Vendors will be responsible for their own tent, tables, chairs, etc. All other rules apply. Price will be determined at time of offering.
- This is an Austin Gem and Mineral Society Membership activity. Invited guests are welcome; these events will not be advertised or promoted for general public participation. The events will be posted on social media and will be linked to Sponsor/Partner websites and social media. Participants are encouraged to post their booths on their social media to invite guests to come to the event.
- Member Sales provide AGMS Members with an opportunity sell their work, materials, equipment, or products. All sale offerings must be gem/mineral/fossil related and be the member’s own work/property. No bulk sales from outside sources. The sale of others’ products, such as retail vendors, will be not allowed.
- Sales not focused on gem/mineral/fossil products, materials, or equipment will not be allowed.
- If the event is canceled due to weather, AGMS will try to schedule paid booths on another upcoming date.
- The aluminum framed tents cannot bear a lot of weight. Fees to repair or replace pop up tents will be charged if staff has to remove tape or if tents are damaged.
- See the website for the link and more information at agms-tx.org
- No vehicles allowed in the parking lot. You must bring all your booth items in – no offloading your vehicle and driving out to park. Bring your own dollies, wagons, non-motorized carts, etc. to bring your merchandise to your booth space.
- Member Booth selection is “first-come-first-serve” the day of the event.
- Sponsor and club booths will be preassigned in accordance with club needs or as agreed through the sponsor agreement.
- All First Saturday events are weather dependent (if lightning is forecast by the national weather service by the 6:00 p.m. news the day before, the event will canceled – an email will be sent to members who have registered and paid for their booth – cancellation notice will be posted on the AGMS Website and Member Dashboard )
- Please bring all snacks, drinks etc. you need so that you will not need to leave your booth or the grounds to go get food. When it is hot or humid, please bring plenty of water to drink.